As we are a Voluntary Controlled School, it is the Local Authority (LA) who is responsible for admission procedures. However, application forms can be obtained from the school office, online via the LA website (click here to visit the relevant page), or in the links below.
Please Note: If you are applying for a primary school place for your child starting in September 2018, you can apply any time online or via a paper application form from 1st September 2017. The closing date for applications is 15th January 2018.
- Reception/Foundation Application for 2018-19
- In-Year Transfer Application (Applying for a Place Mid-Academic Year)
Whilst every effort is made to make a place available for your child in our school, there is a limit on the number of children we can take. Each year group has two classes with a maximum of 30 children in each, a figure that is set by the LA and agreed with the Governors and Headteacher. If the number of children wanting a place is below the set figure, all will be admitted. There may, however, come a point when there are too many children of that year group for them all to be given a place. If this should happen the LA will give priority to children according to their own admissions criteria, which is detailed below:
- ‘Vulnerable Children’ which includes ‘Looked After Children’, children from families registered with the National Asylum Support Service and children with a severe medical condition.
- In-area siblings (including step, half and foster siblings) where an older sibling is on roll at the school already and not in their final year at the school as well as living within the designated area at the same address as the older sibling.
- Other in-area children – those children who live within the designated area of the school but do not have siblings at the school.
- Children who live outside the school’s designated area but have an older sibling at the school, who lives at the same address.
- Any other child for whom none of the above criteria apply.
If, having considered your case carefully, the LA is unable to offer your child a place at Christ Church, you have the right to appeal. Information on how to appeal is given on the LA website; click here to read it.
If you have a child in Year 6 who is leaving us in July 2017, you can apply for a secondary school place from 1st September 2017. The closing date is 31st October 2017. Application forms from the LA can be viewed by clicking on this link.