Because we are a Voluntary Controlled School, the Local Authority (LA) is responsible for admission procedures. However, application forms can be obtained from the school office or online via the LA website (click here to visit the relevant page). They can also be accessed through the links below.
When you have the relevant form, simply fill out any requested details and return it to the address supplied within.
- Reception/Foundation Application for 2018-19
- In-Year Transfer Application (Applying for a Place Mid-Academic Year)
Please Note: If you’re applying for a primary school place with a September 2018 start, you can apply any time online or via a paper application form from 1st September 2017. The closing date for all applications is 15th January 2018.
How Applications Are Considered
While every effort is made to make a place available for your child in our school, there is a limit on the number we can take. Each year group has two classes with a maximum of 30 children each, a figure set by the LA and agreed with the Governors and Headteacher. If the number of children wanting a place is below this figure, all will be admitted. If there are too many children applying for that year group, the LA gives priority according to their own admissions criteria. This is as follows (in descending order):
- ‘Vulnerable Children’ (which includes ‘Looked After Children’), children from families registered with the National Asylum Support Service, and children with a severe medical condition.
- In-area siblings (including step, half, and foster siblings) where an older sibling is on roll at Christ Church already and not in their final year at this school. They must also live within the designated area at the same address as the older sibling.
- Other in-area children – those children who live within the designated area but do not have siblings attending the school.
- Children who live outside the school’s designated area but have an older sibling at the school that resides at the same address.
- Any other child for whom none of the above criteria apply.
If the LA is unable to offer your child a place at Christ Church after considering your case carefully, you have the right to appeal. Information on how to do so is given on the LA website. Click here to read it.
A Note on Secondary School Applications: If you have a child in Year 6 who is leaving us in July 2018, you can apply for a secondary school place from 1st September 2017. The closing date is 31st October 2017. Application forms from the LA can be viewed by clicking on this link.