Christ Church Primary School recognizes the importance of the pupil voice and making our pupils part of the decision making process. Councillors are elected by their peers and each class from Year 1 to Year 6 is represented by two councillors. Councillors are given the opportunity to put forward their views about school, they are given a genuine stake in decision making at our school.
When planning new whole school developments, the School Council is consulted – their ideas, views and opinions are sought. The children’s views and their concerns are always taken very seriously.
For 2022/23, the School Council has been involved in:
- The recruitment of our new Headteacher
- Leading Collective Worships for the Harvest Festival and commemorating the life of Queen Elizabeth II
- Organizing a book of condolence to be sent to HM The King
- Reviewing our School Dinner Menu
- Selecting the charities to be supported by the school this year.